21 QUESTIONS feat. RHEK
Of Cold World Frozen Goods
”I'm a kid from the east coast of Canada who does a mix bag of things. I make graphics, do art, DJ, am an entrepreneur, a restaurateur and do tons of stuff. Basically I hustle a lot in an attempt to not have a regular job where I give all my time and energy to someone else's dreams. Tho I 100% don't knock it, and am jealous with others who can do that - everyone has their own path.
I own a clothing company called Cold World Frozen Goods with my good friend Chase. We started in 2016 and it's graphic heavy and inspired by the random overlooked cartoon mascots found on produce boxes or fruit stickers, plus music, subcultures, conspiracy theories, obtuse references and subversive messages. I'm also opening a new restaurant in Chinatown (Vancouver) with Keith, Dylan and Mike called Pizza Coming Soon which is a Japanese Snack Bar.”
1. YOU MUST WEAR ONE HAT WITH A MOTIVATIONAL QUOTE ON IT FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. WHAT DOES THE HAT SAY?
“Attachment Causes Suffering” or "It's Never A Bad Time For A Good Time" or "World's Best Farter" and then in fine print it says "I Mean Father" .
2. DID YOU CHOOSE VANCOUVER OR DID IT CHOOSE YOU? EXPLAIN?
I grew up in Halifax, then moved to Montreal for 5 years, then didn’t want to ever deal with winter again so that left only Vancouver. Also, little know fact, the Chinese Buffet was invented in Gastown and I love me some Chinese food.
3. IN CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER, NAME YOUR CELEBRITY CRUSHES FROM THE YEARS 2000, 2010 AND 2020?
I don't think I have Celebrity Crushes (except maybe Sade) but I would like to mention that the coolest looking basketball players are Sam Cassel (his eyes are on the sides of his head like his parents were dolphins), Nick Van Excel (son of ET) and Sam Perkins (who always looks stoned).
4. IT’S MIDNIGHT AND YOU’RE IN 7/11 WITH $10, WHAT YOU BUYING?
This costs way less than $10 but the 7/11 Stoner Nacho Hack is to buy a bag of Doritos, open them and then head to the hot dog area and fill the bag up with the cheese sauce, jalapeños, onions and whatever is there. Maybe some pickles even. It gets rowdy. The pro move is to use Cool Ranch Doritos.
5. WHO IS YOUR FAVOURITE PERSON OR THING TO DRAW? PLEASE INCLUDE SAID DRAWING OR DESCRIPTION OF IT?
I don’t like drawing white people’s blond hair. It requires so many lines but then all the lines make the hair look not blond. I can't figure it out. But to answer your question, I usually draw rappers.
8. DESCRIBE YOUR JUMPSHOT IN 1 WORD?
9. NAME 3 NOVELTY ACCESSORIES YOU WANT TO DROP WITH COLD WORLD.
Garfield Phone, Mini-Fridge and BMW M30.
10. IF YOU COULD BUILD AN APP WHAT WOULD IT BE?
I want to make an app that autotunes Google Maps directions so that they’re in key and on beat with the music you’re listening to when they interrupt to tell you to turn left in 400 meters.
11. WHAT ARE THE BEST SNACKS THAT YOU CAN ONLY GET IN CANADA?
Definitely Hickory Sticks, Ketchup Chips and Maynards Wine Gums. Also Poutine.
12. FAVOURITE GATORADE COLOUR?
I pretty much like Red flavour in all candy. Except the black Wine Gum is the one.
13. LEAST FAVOURITE CITY?
I once got a police escort off of Prince Edward Island but it was probably, definitely my fault.
14. WORST MEAL YOU’VE EVER EATEN?
7/11 Stoner Nacho’s made out of Doritos and hot dog cheese. It gets rowdy.
16. HAVE YOU EVER DITCHED A MOVIE THEATRE BEFORE THE MOVIE ENDED? EXPLAIN?
I went to a movie with my crew once and we all did some LSD beforehand and then we all freaked out like 15 minutes in cause we were in the very front row and everything was huge and we were laughing too much and then we we're convinced everyone in the theater was angry at us (which they probably were so) we decided to bolt for the fire exits and did so I such a loud way but, oh no, the fire exits were locked! Why were they locked? What if there was actually a fire? I still don't know the answer but then we quickly pivoted and ran out the way we came in basically the whole experience was awful.
17. HOW DO YOU KNOW THE EARTH IS FLAT?
Cause New Era hat brims don’t come curved.
18. ARIZONA ICED TEA OR FANTA OR NEITHER?
Sugar water is the worst thing you can put into your body. Also Dr. Pepper is weirdly delicious to me.
19. CAN YOU MAKE A GRAPHIC TO PROMOTE THIS INTERVIEW? PLEASE SHOW OR DESCRIBE SAID GRAPHIC?
20. WHO DO YOU LOVE?
21. ASK ME A QUESTION NOW?
Is this interview done?